- 5 -6 cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup port wine
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange apple slices and cranberries in slow cooking pot. Sprinkle sugar over fruit. Add orange peel, water and wine. Stir to mix ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm fruits with the juices, topped with dab of sour cream. Makes 5 to 6 servings.
- Crockery Cookery Mable Hoffman.