Recipe by Bev
The simplest recipe for Apple Butter ever! Use whatever apples you have on hand. Enjoy!
Top Review by dinks2
My father in law gave me this recipe before he passed away & he added a handful of red hot candy during the second cooking. Really yummy. Getting ready to make a batch now. Best apple butter I've ever eaten.
- 16 cups cored and chopped apples, do not peel
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apples and apple cider in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10-12 hours.
- Puree and then return the mixture to the crock pot and add sugar, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Cover, and cook on low for 1 hour.
- Apple Butter will keep for several weeks in your refrigerator or you can pour into hot, sterilized jars and seal.
- Can also be frozen in freezer containers.