Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 hrs
Apple Butter just like Grandma used to make.
- 7 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a crockpot, mix all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 14 to 15 hours, or until the mixture is deep brown.
- Pack while hot into 4 hot pint jars.
- Process in hot-water bath for 10 minutes, counting the time after the jars have been immersed and the water comes again to a rolling boil.
Simple, easy, and delicious! Great for freezing and using in other recipes.
Very easy and will make great, cute gifts in a jar this Christmas for co-workers. I used too much cloves (trying to make my own allspice as I didn't have any, but I'll definitely be buying some before making again! ha), but I still think underneath that, there was a great flavor! Made for My 3 Chefs November 2008.