Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 hrs
Nummy on toasted english muffins or crumpets
Make and share this Crock Pot Apple Butter recipe from Food.com.
- Put apple sauce into crock pot, add remaining ingredients; stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on high til begins to bubble, reduce heat cook 8 hours.
- Stir occasionally as it thickens to prevent bottom from sticking.
- Uncover and continue cooking til nice and thick.
- Allow to cool slightly, stirring often.
- Spoon into freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch head space, refrigerate uncovered til cold; Cover and freeze.
I used this recipe for my holiday canning cause I really liked that it calls for brown sugar instead of white. We like it with more spices so I added 'pumpkin pie' spice and some 'ground cloves.' It came out so yummy! Thanks LDJ!!
I had a neighbor give me a pailful of apples. Didn't know what to do with all of it. Found this recipe. Made applesauce first- water with cubed apples. Used in this recipe- SO EASY! The kids and I love it. Very good on Lefse!