Recipe by L DJ
Nummy on toasted english muffins or crumpets
Top Review by jckadams
I used this recipe for my holiday canning cause I really liked that it calls for brown sugar instead of white. We like it with more spices so I added 'pumpkin pie' spice and some 'ground cloves.' It came out so yummy! Thanks LDJ!!
- 6 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Put apple sauce into crock pot, add remaining ingredients; stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on high til begins to bubble, reduce heat cook 8 hours.
- Stir occasionally as it thickens to prevent bottom from sticking.
- Uncover and continue cooking til nice and thick.
- Allow to cool slightly, stirring often.
- Spoon into freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch head space, refrigerate uncovered til cold; Cover and freeze.