1/5 Photos of Crock Pot Apple Butter
8 hrs 30 mins
I like this recipe for the taste and because it all fits into my 4 quart crock pot (packed). After the batch is done, I can them into jars for home use and gifts. To make it easier on myself, I use my spiral apple peeler/corer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place apples in slow cooker in thirds, layering sugar between each layer.
- 2Add rest of ingredients on top and pack them down as well as you can.
- 3Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- 4Reduce heat to low. Open and give it a stir. Keep covered and cook 8 hours or until thick and dark brown, stirring occasionally. (You can do this overnight and can in the morning).
- 5Uncover and cook for the last hour on low.
- 6If a smoother apple butter is desired, you may puree in blender or food mill.
- 7Place in sterile jars with lids and process for 10 minutes in hot water bath or you can freeze.
- 8Note: For more information on canning, you can go to the "Canning Forum" on recipezaar for instructions or to have questions answered.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Apple Butter
Serving Size: 1 (3800 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1332.9
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 207.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 348.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.5 g
- Sugars 310.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g