Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy and versatile dessert recipe for the crock pot.
- 6 large apples, peeled, cored, thickly sliced (Macintosh, Cortland, Granny Smith)
- 1 cup combination raspberries (fresh or thawed from freezer) or 1 cup blueberries (fresh or thawed from freezer) or 1 cup cranberries (fresh or thawed from freezer) or 1 cup strawberries (fresh or thawed from freezer) or 1 cup cherries (fresh or thawed from freezer)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, unbaked
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Remove crockery pot from heating element and turn on the heat to high to preheat the unit for 15 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except pie crust and stir until well mixed.
- Roll pie crust into a circle slightly larger than crockery pot (size of circle will vary depending on your crock pot) and place crust into bottom of the pot; the crust should come up the sides of the pot about 1 inch and can be folded down to make a thicker crust"lip" if desired.
- Spread apples and berries evenly over crust.
- In small bowl, blend topping ingredients then sprinkle the mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Place crockery pot into the preheated base.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 1- 1/2 hours or until apples are tender.
- Length of time depends on your crock pot, but leave the lid on the unit for at least 1 hour without removing it even once!
- This is important to keep the moist heat in the crock pot.
- Serve warm with ice cream and a dash of cinnamon.
- If you prefer a brown crust, cook the unfilled crust in the crock pot for 15 minutes before adding the fruit filling and topping.
Very easy! Everybody enjoyed it - thanks for a healthy, tasty dessert!
YUM!!! Simple and very good!! Slapped it together and put in the crockpot and let cook. I used Granny Smith Apples and fresh strawberries. I followed directions except didn't have a pie crust so subitutedrefrigerated crescents that I pressed together at seames to make dough. Turned out great my kids and hubby loved it!!! Thanks!!