Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This has wonderful almondy taste to it.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 118.29 ml flour
- 4.92 ml Madras curry powder
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 113.39 g can mushrooms (or use fresh)
- 59.14 ml Amaretto
- 4.92 ml gravymaster or 4.92 ml Kitchen Bouquet
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- Mix flour, curry powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a plastic or paper bag.
- Add chicken breasts (rinsed and patted dry) and toss to coat.
- Brown quickly in hot vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Mix remaining ingredients and spoon over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with rice.
This is one tasty dish!! We made it the secone time with Lime juice instead of lemon and it wasn't nearly as good. Stick with the lemon. This has become a weekend staple around my house.
This was even better the second day. Used regular curry powder, a large can (13.5 oz. net weight) of sliced mushrooms and went with the Kitchen Bouquet option. Not usually a big fan of the color of chicken in a slow cooker but browning the chicken first and adding the KB made the chicken a nice color. The gravy was delicious. Loved the hint of the Amaretto. Served it over noodles. Will try with fresh mushrooms next time. Great dish!!
Maybe it's just us but we didn't like this much at all. I made it exactly as written and we found it to be...well...yucky. The amearetto was too over powering for us.