Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I just got a new crockpot (my old one finally died) and wanted to make something different to break it in. This turned out very well. I used bone-in chicken breasts. I cooked on low for 6 hours and that seemed to be just right. I didn't have any pimento so just left it off. We enjoyed the tender chicken and veggies in that scrumptious cheese sauce over noodles. 5-stars all the way. Thanks RecipeNut :D
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix bouillon, parsley and poultry seasoning; set aside.
- Layer in crock pot, in order, Canadian bacon, carrots, celery and onion.
- Add water.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with the seasoning mixture.
- Stir soup and flour together, spoon over top.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender and juices from chicken run clear when pierced with a fork and vegetables are tender.
- Spread cooked noodles in a shallow 2-2 1/2 quart broiler proof dish.
- Arrange chicken on noodles.
- Stir soup mixture and vegetables until combined.
- Spoon vegetables and some of the liquid over chicken.
- Sprinkle with pimiento and Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.