Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Another crock pot recipe
- 680.38 g boneless eye of beef round roast, round rump or 680.38 g chuck roast
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 453.59 g baby carrots
- 304.75 g condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2.46 ml dried tarragon or 2.46 ml basil, crushed
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown meat on all sides.
- Places potatoes and carrots in slow cooker. Place browned meat on top of vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix together soup and tarragon or basil. Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or 5-6 hours on high, until meat and vegetables are tender but not dry.
After seeing this recipe during Pick A Chef I quickly added it to my must try list. I am glad I did. It was easy to put together & made a great crock pot meal. I added 3 smashed cloves of garlic, coarse black pepper, 2 onions, and used the tarragon option. Golden Mushroom Soup is one of my favorite prepared soups & it goes well here and it adds lots of flavor. The resulting drippings are very thin, but tasty. I ladled some out of the crockpot, added a cornstarch slurry, and made a gravy. Made for 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef.
This was an awesome recipe! For the herb, I used just basil. Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly as written. And the roast was so tender that it just fell apart with a fork -- no carving knife needed. And the potatoes and carrots were scrumptious with the gravy that was produced from the soup and meat drippings. This is a definitely "keeper". Thanks, CelebrationFL. Made for 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef.