Recipe by CelebrationFL
Another crock pot recipe
Top Review by Susie D
After seeing this recipe during Pick A Chef I quickly added it to my must try list. I am glad I did. It was easy to put together & made a great crock pot meal. I added 3 smashed cloves of garlic, coarse black pepper, 2 onions, and used the tarragon option. Golden Mushroom Soup is one of my favorite prepared soups & it goes well here and it adds lots of flavor. The resulting drippings are very thin, but tasty. I ladled some out of the crockpot, added a cornstarch slurry, and made a gravy. Made for 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless eye of beef round roast, round rump or 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown meat on all sides.
- Places potatoes and carrots in slow cooker. Place browned meat on top of vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix together soup and tarragon or basil. Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or 5-6 hours on high, until meat and vegetables are tender but not dry.