Recipe by cddbt
Very deep dark brown color and spicy sweet. I had several recipes - started taking parts I liked from each and came up with this combination that my family loves.
Top Review by Scarlett516
This was fantastic! I actually used a combination of apples that I picked yesterday for this. I made half a batch, using vanilla sugar instead of vanilla extract. I was able to fill three 1 1/2 cup mason jars. I might have to get more apples and make a whole batch so I can give some out for family and friends as well as have some for us all year!!!
- 6 lbs Red Delicious apples (peel, core and cut into a small dice)
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Place diced apples in slow cooker. Mix sugars, cornstarch, vanilla, salt and spices in mixing bowl, pour over apples, and stir to coat. Cook on high 2 hours, stirring occasionally until sugar is melted and syrup starts to form. Turn heat to low setting and cook for approximately 6-8 hours.
- Ladle into blender in small batches, blending until smooth and pouring out into bowl, repeating until all the apples have been processed. I then can mine in jelly jars using the water bath method.