Recipe by BeckyF
This is a recipe that can be put together the night before and refrigerated.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Becky, This was very good meat loaf,I never thought about meat loaf in the crockpot.I am crazy about my crockpot,so I tried this and am glad I did. I did use ketchup on top though,just because I love my meatloaf with ketchup.rnand I used Italian seasoned bread cubes,soaked in a little milk. Great Recipe,Thanks. Darlene Summers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices cheddar cheese or 8 slices American cheese, cut into 16 strips
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except the cheese and tomato paste.
- Shape half of the meat mixture into a loaf.
- Arrange 8 cheese strips on the meat, and top with the remaining meat, pressing the edges together to make a seal.
- Place in the Crock-Pot.
- Top with the tomato paste and the remaining cheese slices.
- Cover; cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours on Low or on High for 3 to 4 hours.