Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a recipe that can be put together the night before and refrigerated.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices cheddar cheese or 8 slices American cheese, cut into 16 strips
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except the cheese and tomato paste.
- Shape half of the meat mixture into a loaf.
- Arrange 8 cheese strips on the meat, and top with the remaining meat, pressing the edges together to make a seal.
- Place in the Crock-Pot.
- Top with the tomato paste and the remaining cheese slices.
- Cover; cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours on Low or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
Becky, This was very good meat loaf,I never thought about meat loaf in the crockpot.I am crazy about my crockpot,so I tried this and am glad I did. I did use ketchup on top though,just because I love my meatloaf with ketchup.rnand I used Italian seasoned bread cubes,soaked in a little milk. Great Recipe,Thanks. Darlene Summers
Wonderful! Had it last night, and my son who HATES meatloaf had seconds! (of course I told him it was 'hamburger-cheese pie'!)Now thats a keeper. THANKS!
This is very easy to put together....and really moist due I am sure, to the steam in the crockpot and the fact that we used processed breadcrumbs. I think it would be firmer, if you wanted it a bit dryer, to use fresh breadcrumbs. This is a keeper.