Recipe by MrsBone04
This is a casserole dish that I created to fill my craving for Mexican food recently. It's like a Mexican meal all in one dish.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo (diced, with sauce)
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 6 -7 small diced bell peppers (yellow, red, orange)
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- sour cream, for topping
- cheese, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer chicken breasts in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Pour remaining ingredients on top.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours
- When chicken is done, pull it out of the sauce and shred it, and place it in a large pan.
- Add a little of the sauce back into the chicken (about 1/2 a cup) and add in the rice, corn and beans (undrained)
- Mix well and cook on the stove until hot
- Serve with sour cream and cheese.