Recipe by Southern Sugar Dumplin
Don't be put off by the ingredients, and use exactly what it calls for. The flavor of this is amazing! For those of you that like dark meat, this recipe is really tailor made for it. I like it best when using only thighs and legs.
Top Review by LeahBurgoon
I made this a day ahead of time, because I was leaving hubby to put it on while I was at work. Since he was off. There's only two of us, so I cut up and only used half of a chicken. The breasts cut in half and no wings. So not an entire half I guess. I put the chicken pieces in flour, salt, and pepper before frying them in olive oil. I'll let you know how we like it tomorrow. Edit: Loved it. Hubby kept texting me about how good it smelled. He'll definitely be in charge of crock pot cooking on his days off from now on.
- 1 medium vidalia onion, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1360.77 g roasting chickens, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from chicken and sear all sides quickly on high in a pan of oil.
- Place chicken in crock pot, then onions, then rest of ingredients.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve over rice. Don't forget to pour the liquid over rice as well. Remove bay leaves before serving.