Crock Pot Acorn Squash With Pepper Rice Stuffing
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Combine the rice, carrots, peppers, garlic and turmeric, and spoon the mixture into the squash cavities.
- Pour the water into an electric slow cooker (5 to 6 qt rectangular cooker), and add the squash halves, cavity-sides up.
- Pour the broth into the rice mixture in each cavity.
- Cook on LOW until the squash and rice are tender, 5-7 hours.
- Serve garnished with the sour cream and parsley (optional).