8 hrs 5 mins
Deb Wolf's Note:
Don't you love your crock pot? In just 5 minutes, this wonderful soup will be cooking away. The aroma is heavenly. So nice to come home to! You can use your food processor or a stand blender instead of an immersion blender. If you prefer, you can blend all the beans. We like a few whole ones for texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained, but NOT rinsed
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 carrots, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 celery rib, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 slices bacon, raw (use the streaky American style)
- 1 cup water
- 1Coat the inside of your crock pot with non-stick spray.
- 2Add all ingredients in order listed. Don't stir.
- 3Cover and cook on high 8 - 10 hours.
- 4Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- 5Remove about 1/2 cup of the beans (just beans, leave everything else in the pot).
- 6Using an immersion blender, puree the beans, vegetables and bacon.
- 7Stir in the reserved beans.
- 8Serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot 5 Minute Bean & Bacon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 340.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 11.5 g