Recipe by Deb Wolf
Don't you love your crock pot? In just 5 minutes, this wonderful soup will be cooking away. The aroma is heavenly. So nice to come home to! You can use your food processor or a stand blender instead of an immersion blender. If you prefer, you can blend all the beans. We like a few whole ones for texture.
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained, but NOT rinsed
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 carrots, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 celery rib, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 slices bacon, raw (use the streaky American style)
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the inside of your crock pot with non-stick spray.
- Add all ingredients in order listed. Don't stir.
- Cover and cook on high 8 - 10 hours.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Remove about 1/2 cup of the beans (just beans, leave everything else in the pot).
- Using an immersion blender, puree the beans, vegetables and bacon.
- Stir in the reserved beans.
- Serve with crusty bread.