Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A very easy crock pot version of pea soup that makes enough to freeze some.
- 1 lb split peas, rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water or 1 1⁄2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 ham bone (optional)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Put all ingredients in crock pot, except for salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until peas are very soft.
- Remove bone and bay leaf before serving.
- Salt and pepper to taste.