1/1 Photo of Croatian Turkey Soup
4 hrs 15 mins
This is very simple soup, traditional Sunday lunch starter in Croatian families. It must be cooked on very low fire for 3 to 4 hours. Use turkey back, wings, legs, head or parts of turkey not suitable for Thanks giving meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put cold water in a pot (appropriate large pot). If you want better soup put turkey in cold water, if you want better turkey meat put it in hot water.
- 2Rind carrots, onion, parsley, celery and put all other ingredients into water. Boil and after it boils reduce heat and cook for 3 to 4 hours.
- 3Filter the soup into separate pot.
- 4If you want, put into strained soup carrots, turkey meat (or liver, stomach, or hearts) and add noodles or whatever you like in soup, sprinkle with freshly minced parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croatian Turkey Soup
Serving Size: 1 (667 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 738.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: