Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is very simple soup, traditional Sunday lunch starter in Croatian families. It must be cooked on very low fire for 3 to 4 hours. Use turkey back, wings, legs, head or parts of turkey not suitable for Thanks giving meal.
- 300 g turkey
- 30 g turkey liver
- 10 g turkey heart
- 10 g turkey (stomach)
- 200 g carrots
- 100 g tomatoes (or one whole tomato)
- 150 g onions
- 100 g parsley roots
- 50 g celery root
- 10 g kale (one leaf)
- 10 g salt
- 10 g black pepper (whole berries)
- 50 g parsley (fresh, minced)
- 3 liters water (cold)
- Put cold water in a pot (appropriate large pot). If you want better soup put turkey in cold water, if you want better turkey meat put it in hot water.
- Rind carrots, onion, parsley, celery and put all other ingredients into water. Boil and after it boils reduce heat and cook for 3 to 4 hours.
- Filter the soup into separate pot.
- If you want, put into strained soup carrots, turkey meat (or liver, stomach, or hearts) and add noodles or whatever you like in soup, sprinkle with freshly minced parsley and serve.