Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is meal I was enjoying to eat when I was a kid. We used to eat grilled chicken every Sunday and in Croatia you can buy the whole chicken on the market. We use neck, head, wings, legs, guts for soup, and my father, brother and I would enjoy this meal usually in the morning. This is recipe for 3-4 portions. You can serve it with cooked rice or mashed potato.
- 500 g chicken livers
- 200 g onions
- 10 g lard
- 1 tablespoon paprika (red, dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 200 g sour cream (optional)
- Take a frying pan. Sauté finely sliced onion on lard until soft.
- Add sliced chicken liver and sauté it until they become grayish.
- Add red dried paprika, chili and pepper and mix well.
- Saute it but not long, liver should be medium done. Salt at the end otherwise liver would be hard.
- You can add a spoon of sour cream on each plate.