Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is side dish we eat with sarma or stuffed green peppers or paprikas, goulash, or any dish during winter times where you have some kind of sauce. It is also very good with sauerkraut and sausages, blood sausages, sour turnip or similar food.
- 500 g potatoes
- 100 g onions (or one medium onion)
- 15 g lard (or oil but not olive oil or butter)
- Do not peel potato, just wash the dirt and put it in cold water and cook until soft (about 1 hour).
- In the meantime sauté sliced onion until soft or almost brownish. Peel cooked potato (carefully because it is hot) and slice it.
- Add salt and into onion and lard and fry it just until potato starts to hold of the pot (up to 5 min). Serve hot.