Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
For this recipe you should use a part of pork “just behind the pork chop”. It is a long muscle along the spine with long fibres. It is called “lungici” in Croatia and it is sold by piece (you can not get half of it because it is small). We have a lot of recipes with “lungici” and this is one of them.
- 750 g pork steak (lungici , about 4 pieces)
- 30 g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 g red paprika
- 15 g onions or 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 175 g mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 150 g sour cream or 150 g cooking cream
- Melt the butter in a big pan. Add steaks and fry them three minutes on all sides until they become brownish.
- Take them out, drain them and put in a warm place. Add finely sliced onion and paprika in a pan and sauté it 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and tomato purèe, and sauté until mushrooms become soft. Than add ground paprika and flour and fry everything 2 more minutes.
- Move the pan away from heat, add wine and cook few minutes until alcohol evaporates.
- Add the meat, pour some stock and cook not more than 15 minutes. “Lungici” are very delicate meat, they do not require long cooking or they become dry like wood. At the end add cream.
Deliciou!! thank you for your recipe
Wonderful flavor; I served it with noodles.