1/6 Photos of Croatian Leek Stew ( Poriluk Cuspajz”)
This recipe is at least 200 years old. My grand-grandmother was preparing leek that way, my, grandmother was preparing that way, my mother was preparing that way, so I am preparing it that way. This is very healthy meal, although it is prepared on pork fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the leek very thoroughly (there might be some mud between the leaves) and cut them in 1 inch pieces (also the green parts, at least nice looking one).
- 2Preheat the water and when it boils put the leek in it and leave it boil for one minute.
- 3During this operation prepare this: put lard in a pot, heat it and brown flour in lard (but not too brown).
- 4Add grounded paprika and just few drops of cold water to make “zafrig” (a kind of “sauce veloutè”).
- 5Take out leek with hollow spoon, add sliced potato in small cubes and water you have cooked leek in it.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and cook until potato is soft (10-20 minutes).
- 7Serve as a side dish to steaks, sausages, dried smoked ham etc.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croatian Leek Stew ( Poriluk Cuspajz”)
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.2
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 403.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g