Recipe by nitko
This soup is very close to the French onion soup. Difference is that you don’t have to finish it in an oven.
- 250 g leeks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 g flour
- 2 g garlic (or 1 garlic clove)
- 60 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- 40 g swiss cheese
- 200 g bread
- 20 g butter
- 1200 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and cut leek into thin rounds.
- Sauté the leek in olive oil until tender and than add flour. Sauté it for 2 minutes and add water, at first little to make creamy sauce and than make soup out of it.
- Add the whole garlic clove and remove after 1 hour cooking. Season it with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 to 1, 5 hours on gentle fire.
- In the meantime cut bread into small cubes and fry it on butter until crispy.
- Crush and fry pine nuts without any fat on frying pan until they get brownish.
- Cut Swiss cheese into leaves (2 mm thin).
- Before serving put bread and pine nuts in a plate, cover with Swiss cheese. Pour the soup over bread and cheese and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.