1/3 Photos of Croatian Lamb “brodet”
1 hr 40 mins
This is an old recipe before discovery of Amerika. That,s why we dont use tomato, potato or any other ingredient from the "new continent".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté onion in mixture of butter and olive oil.
- 2Add carrot, bacon and celery and sauté it shortly.
- 3Cut the meat to walnut size.
- 4Sauté meat until gets colour and starts to release liquid.
- 5Than add wine and cook until liquid partly evaporates.
- 6Add water to cover meat and cook until it is soft (about 90 min; add water if necessary).
- 7Before it is done add nutmeg powder, salt, pepper.
- 8Cook for more 10 min and add before mixed yolk, cheese and lemon in “brodet”.
- 9Cut the fire, and wait 10 minute before serving.
- 10Serve with noodles or flour gnocchi.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croatian Lamb “brodet”
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.7
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 177.3 mg
- Sodium 326.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 31.1 g