Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
This is an old recipe before discovery of Amerika. That,s why we dont use tomato, potato or any other ingredient from the "new continent".
- 600 g boneless lamb
- 80 g bacon (pancetta)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 carrot
- 10 g celery root
- 1⁄4 liter white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ground nutmeg
- 1 egg yolk
- 40 g goat cheese or 40 g sheep's milk cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Sauté onion in mixture of butter and olive oil.
- Add carrot, bacon and celery and sauté it shortly.
- Cut the meat to walnut size.
- Sauté meat until gets colour and starts to release liquid.
- Than add wine and cook until liquid partly evaporates.
- Add water to cover meat and cook until it is soft (about 90 min; add water if necessary).
- Before it is done add nutmeg powder, salt, pepper.
- Cook for more 10 min and add before mixed yolk, cheese and lemon in “brodet”.
- Cut the fire, and wait 10 minute before serving.
- Serve with noodles or flour gnocchi.