Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the simplest soup ever. I used to eat this soup during digestive problems as a diet soup. This is probably the soup prisoners used to eat, or soldiers, or just poor people. This is the recipe I use.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 15 g lard (or oil)
- 4 g red paprika (dried)
- 5 g caraway seeds
- 1 egg white (optional)
- 1 liter water
- 150 g bread (or 2-3 slices)
- 5 g lard
- Melt lard in a pot and put flour to fry. Wait until brownish, add paprika and water and make creamy liquid. Slowly add water mixing all the time.
- Add caraway seeds, salt pepper and cook 30 minutes.
- If you like you can put egg white into just before soup is done and mix well.
- In the meantime cut bread slices into small cubes and fry it on lard until dry and crispy.
- When serving, put bread in a plate with soup and eat it.
Forgot about this recipe. My mother always made it when a widower friend from her village came to visit. I'll have to try it soon. Kedi