1/2 Photos of Croatian Flour Soup (“prezgana Juha”)
This is the simplest soup ever. I used to eat this soup during digestive problems as a diet soup. This is probably the soup prisoners used to eat, or soldiers, or just poor people. This is the recipe I use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt lard in a pot and put flour to fry. Wait until brownish, add paprika and water and make creamy liquid. Slowly add water mixing all the time.
- 2Add caraway seeds, salt pepper and cook 30 minutes.
- 3If you like you can put egg white into just before soup is done and mix well.
- 4In the meantime cut bread slices into small cubes and fry it on lard until dry and crispy.
- 5When serving, put bread in a plate with soup and eat it.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croatian Flour Soup (“prezgana Juha”)
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.3
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.7 mg
- Sodium 295.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g