Recipe by nitko
This is traditional Croatian Easter cake. We usually eat “pinca” on Easter morning. I made it today for the first time (it is actually in the oven right now) so I don’t know how it is going to be. I’ll submit some photograph later. Anyway, this is how I did it:
- 500 g flour (for baking bread)
- 7 g yeast (instant in package)
- 125 g butter
- 100 g sugar (white)
- 20 g sugar (with vanilla flavor, or 2 packages)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (grated)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (grated)
- 1 teaspoon Cointreau liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Put into flour yeast package, sugar, salt, yolks, warm butter (about 35°C), and the same warm milk.
- Make dough out of it using hand first, and than hand mixer. At the very last add orange and lemon zest.
- Cover with cloth and put into warm place for about 90 minutes or until doubles in size.
- Take dough and put on board and knead dough ready for baking. Make 4 balls and put them together (2x2). Make cross on each ball with sharp knife.
- Put on warm place again and wait until doubles in size (about 45 minutes).
- Put dough into oven. Bake 45 minutes on 180°C
- After 25 minutes of baking put some scrambled raw eggs over dough and sprinkle crystal white sugar over dough.