Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of the simple meals, but also rich with flavour, spices and satisfactory for your stomach. You can use any kind of “frutty di mare”, or pieces of fish.
- 400 g rice (Arborio preferably)
- 250 g shrimp, tails
- 250 g squid, pieces (round shaped or arms)
- 100 g mussels (various, only meat)
- 300 g tomatoes (strained juice)
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 g garlic (or one clove, finely minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 20 g cheese, hard (parmesan or similar)
- 40 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- Put olive oil in a pan, add garlic and sauté it for 30 sec, than add shrimps, squid and mussels and sauté it for 3 minute
- Add rice and let it be covered with oil and than add wine and cook it 2 minute until alcohol evaporates.
- Add tomato juice, salt, pepper, oregano and water. Mix everything and leave it cook for 15 minutes.
- If there is not enough water add only hot water. Before end (that’s on you to decide) add hard cheese to melt in risotto.
- Serve hot and sprinkle with parmesan. Risotto must be creamy and resemble to sea during strong south-east wind in Adriatic: “jugo”.
This was an easy, tasty risotto. I used a can of tomato juice instead of straining out tomatoes and only using the juice. The combination of seafood was nice. We enjoyed this recipe for dinner tonight. Thanks, nitko