Recipe by nitko
This is refreshing and light meal with taste of Dalmatia. It is important to use fresh spices, preferably wild grown, but dry would do. Also pick small and young chickens; they are soft and easier to BBQ.
- 1400 g whole chickens (2 whole small chickens)
- 30 g fresh sage leaves
- 30 g fresh rosemary
- 10 g fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chickens into pieces, not too big.
- Mix wine, sage, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a glass bowl. Add chicken pieces and marinate for 2 hours.
- During BBQ-ing chicken, periodically spread olive oil with rosemary branch. Serve hot when ready.