Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the sauce we sometimes serve with game. Amounts given here can be changed according to taste – some like more cinnamon, some less. You can use cranberry jam but than dissolve it with some water. You can also use other berries: blueberries, blackberries, etc.
- 150 g dried cranberry beans
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 20 g butter
- 100 ml dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (grounded)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon clove
- Melt sugar and butter and add flour to slightly brown.
- Add wine (plus some water if necessary). Boil it and add cranberries, lemon zest cinnamon and clove.
- Cook about 10 minutes. Serve cooled.