Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This meal is also from NW Croatia, very popular in area "Zagorje" and along river Drava. You can notice Hungarian influence.
- Melt the lard in a pot.
- Add 2 large onions finely minced and sauté it until the onion is soft and transparent.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces (mouthfull). Than, add chicken pieces and sauté it until the meat is white.
- Add wine and sauté it for 5 more minutes.
- Than add 3 teaspoons of paprika (chili to taste), salt pepper and caraway seeds.
- Add water to cover the chicken.
- Sauté for 50 minutes or until chicken is soft.
- At the end add 2-3 teaspoons of sour cream and cook for 2-5 more minutes.
- Serve with noodles or mashed potatoes, and inevitably white wine (you've used in the paprikas).
- As a salad with it I would recommend red beet.
Delicious, and maybe even better the following day! The caraway seeds are a must!
This is a flavorful recipe that is simple to make and company worthy. I minced the onion very fine for this and I think that it suits the dish better that way. I recommend that you try this one. Yumm