Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is very simple side dish. The origin of this meal is Austrian and the recipes are welcomed in my family since – ever. I will submit only cauliflower recipe, but the system is the same with other vegetables.
- Put cauliflower in hot water, add salt and cook until soft.
- Melt butter in a pan, add bread crumbs and fry it until dark brown (do not burn it).
- Take out cauliflower cut it in pieces and put it into hot pan with butter and bread crumbs. Fry it just 2-4 minutes and mix gently to cover with bread crumbs.
- Before serving, add sour cream.
- You can also eat it without sour cream, so just put the sour cream jar on the table. Serve with roasted meat.
- The same procedure is with French beans or Brussels sprouts, but make sure to put green vegetables into hot water – that will keep green colour.