Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
In old time (during Ottoman occupation) there were a lot of bandits in Croatian, but also Bosnian mountains. After a “good business week” they would gather, BBQ and celebrate maybe enjoying this:
- 500 g pork
- 500 g mutton
- 500 g veal
- 300 g cornflour
- 2 tablespoons hot paprika (red, dry, ground)
- 500 g onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 300 g fresh tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Cut boneless pork, mutton and veal meat into square pieces (about 3x3x3 cm). Put it into glass bowl; add salt, pepper, paprika and oil. Mix well and let it stay for 1-2 hours.
- Take wooden sticks (soak them in water before) and stick different meat cubes on it.
- BBQ meat until half done and than cover the meat sticks with corn flour. Do it several times during finishing making nice crusty cover.
- During BBQ your helper can cut fresh tomatoes into cubes and onion into rounds. Mince garlic and mix with tomato and onion.
- When kebab is done, remove the meat from sticks and arrange it on tomato/onion “salad”. Serve hot.
Excellent kebab recipe! Simple and tasty. I've done it with pork twice so far and am looking forward to trying with other meats.