Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from an old Podravka Cook book. It is a Croatian dish that goes well with meat dishes especially cepavicici! Enjoy!
- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 large red peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. Roast washed eggplants and peppers until their skins blister and turn black, about 30 minutes. Turn to ensure entire vegetable is roasted.
- Once roasted set vegetables in a heatproof bowl to steam. This well help to remove skin. Remove skin and seeds/stems.
- In a large bowl, mash vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add garlic and drizzle in oil, stirring constantly.
- Store covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.