Crazy Christobal's Note:
These are similar to crab cakes but are a delicious variation in Baja Mexican style! Despite quite a few ingredients, these are simple, fast and easy, Great for a quality unique appetizer!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can of quality tuna
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of good quality bread (crumbled)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies or 4 ounces anaheim chilies
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2-1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 small fresh green onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2Mix all ingredients (except butter) in a bowl. Consistency should be moldable when squeezed (hold shape) if otherwise add either more liquid or dry ingredients as necessary.
- 3Refrigerate for 1/2 to 1 hour.
- 4Pat and form into cakes.
- 5Fry on a skillet or in a large pan in 2 Tbsp butter (more or less) set to medium low to medium heat.
- 6For my electric skillet this is 300°F.
- 7Fry until golden, approximately 5 minutes per side.
- 8Serve with sauce on top and/or to the side of the cakes while still warm or even when cold.
- 9Garnish can be a bit of lime and cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cristobal's Baja Style Tuna Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 139.0 mg
- Sodium 534.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper
seafood cocktail sauce