Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe as a Facebook post and modified it
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (or beef broth)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- In a large pot, brown and crumble ground beef along with diced green peppers, garlic and onion over medium-high heat.
- When cooked, drain excess grease from beef mixture.
- Put beef back into pot.
- Add in tomato sauce.
- Add in chicken broth (or beef broth, if using).
- Then add in can of tomato soup.
- Give it all a good stir. Then add in rice.
- Stir again.
- Then add seasonings; salt & pepper (to taste).
- Cover and let soup simmer on low-medium heat for about 30 minutes to let all the flavors blend.