Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
This started out as my mom's and I took it over and tweaked it
- cristi's spaghetti sauce
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 lbs lasagna noodles, not oven-ready
- olive oil
- 4 cups Italian cheese blend
- Make Cristi's spaghetti sauce.
- Cook lasagna as per package directions using olive oil drizzled in the water to help keep from sticking. When drained, run cold water on the noodles and try to pull apart any that are sticking together.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together Ricotta cheese (could use cottage cheese but I prefer Ricotta in this recipe), eggs, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- In a lasagna pan, layer spaghetti sauce first to keep from sticking. Next, place a layer of lasagna, a layer of the Ricotta cheese mix, a layer of spaghetti sauce and a layer of Italian cheese (can use mozzarella but I like the Italian blend on this). Repeat layers ending with Italian cheese.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly. Allow to sit 10 minutes before cutting.