Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This will be the best turkey you ever have. I saw Cristina Ferrare making it on the Oprah Show. Oprah called it her favorite turkey. So I gave it a try and it was juicy and delicious. The cook time dose not include marination time. If you are making a larger/smaller turkey adjust cooking time and amount of marinade.
- To make marinade:
- Combine ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate till needed.
- Clean out cavity of the turkey and rinse well, inside and out. Pat dry and place turkey in a large roasting pan.
- It is very important that you pat it dry in order to get that nice golden turkey skin.
- Tie turkey legs together and cover tips with foil. Keeping them wrapped and tied stops the legs drying out while cooking.
- Tie turkey wings together and cover tips with foil. Keeping them wrapped and tied stops the wings drying out while cooking.
- Stuff cavity of turkey with lemon rinds and one bunch of poultry herbs. Place the second bunch of herbs in the roasting pan.
- Place turkey breast-side up in roasting pan. Insert thermometer in the thickest part of the breast.
- Pour the marinade over the turkey.
- Allow to marinade over night.
- Cover with foil and roast for 2 hours @ 350 C.
- After 2 hours, add hot water (or broth) to the bottom of the pan. Stir to make gravy for basting.
- Baste turkey and cover with foil.
- Roast turkey another 30 minutes and repeat basting process.
- Continue basting every 15 minutes until the thermometer reaches 180–185°, approximately 3 to 4 hours.
- The constant basting is what gives the skin that lovely golden color.
- Remove turkey from oven and place on cutting board. Cover turkey well with foil to keep warm. Let it rest 15 to 20 minutes before carving.