Recipe by Marie
Makes a wonderful presentation on your dinner plates. Potatoes are crisscross cut, brushed with butter, sprinkled with spices and baked. An easy throw in the oven and forget it dish.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut each potato crosswise at 1/4" intervals to within 1/2" of the bottom of potato.
- Cut lengthwise (in the opposite direction) in the same manner, creating the crisscross pattern.
- Be sure not to cut all the way to the bottom.
- Place potatoes in ice water for 30 minutes.
- Dry potatoes and place in a baking pan.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Mix spices together and sprinkle on top of potatoes.
- Bake at 425°, turning and basting every 15 minutes for 45 minutes or until tender.