- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients.
- In large bowl, combine butter and peanut butter. Beat for 30 seconds at medium speed.
- Add sugar and brown sugar; and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture and beat until well blended.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Flatten with fork, dipped in flour, making a criss cross pattern.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute; remove to rack.