Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Cooking Light 2000
- 1⁄2 cup bottled salsa
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 zucchini (about 3/4 pound)
- 2⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine salsa and sour cream; set aside.
- Cut each zucchini lengthwise into quarters; cut each quarter crosswise into 3 pieces.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and the next 4 ingredients (breadcrumbs through salt) in a shallow dish.
- Dredge 6 zucchini pieces in flour. Dip in egg whites, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Repeat procedure with the remaining zucchini, flour, egg whites, and breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the zucchini on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat the zucchini with cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp, carefully turning after 12 minutes. Serve zucchini immediately with salsa dip.