Recipe by OSUChrissy
This recipe is from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook. Makes 10 appetizer servings.
- 3⁄4 lb pork
- 8 water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onions with top
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 (1 lb) package wonton skins
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- your favorite sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pork, water chestnuts, green onions, soy sauce, salt, cornstarch and ginger in medium bowl; mix well.
- Place 1/2 teaspoonful pork mixture in center of each wonton skin.
- Fold wonton skin over filling to form a triangle.
- Turn top of triangle down to meet fold.
- Turn over; moisten 1 corner with water.
- Overlap opposite corner over moistened corner; press firmly.
- Heat oil in wok, large saucepan, or deep fryer over medium-high heat to 375ºF.
- Deep fry wontons, a few at a time, 2-3 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with your favorite sauce.