Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Why go out for for wontons when you can make your own?
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 8 chopped water chestnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onions with top
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 lb wonton skins
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- hot mustard
- sweet and sour sauce
- Combine pork, water chestnuts, green onions, soy sauce, salt, cornstarch and ginger in medium bowl; mix well.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon pork mixture in center of each wonton skin. Fold wonton skin over filling to form a triangle. Turn top of triangle down to meet fold. Turn over; moisten one corner with water. Overlap opposite corner over moistened corner; press firmly.
- Heat oil in wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat to 375°F
- Deep fry wontons, a few at a time, 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with catsup and hot mustard or sweet & sour sauce, as desired.