Recipe by *Pixie*
These are like small egg rolls, with a tasty turkey filling. Serve with your favourite sauce for dipping. Yum!
Top Review by JillyBeane
I've never made won tons before, and my family LOVED these! I misread the recipe, and instead of putting half a tablespoon of meat mixture into the wanton skins, i put half a teaspoon. I couldn't figure out why the recipe made so many, but it was enough meat to dough ratio to not matter- everyone was happy to have extras! I omitted the salt, as i figured the soy sauce would offer plenty of saltiness, and they turned out perfectly. Aside from that and the misread, i made them per the directions, and i'll definitely make them again!
- 113.39 g ground turkey
- 2.46 ml minced fresh ginger
- 9.85 ml minced green onions
- 9.85 ml minced water chestnuts
- 2.46 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil, for deep fat frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients except the egg, won ton wrappers and the oil.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of the beaten egg.
- Preheat oil for deep fat frying.
- Put 1/2 tbsp of the turkey mixture into the center of each won ton wrapper.
- Brush half of the edge of each wrapper with a bit of the beaten egg and fold in half.
- Seal the edges by pressing firmly together.
- Deep-fry the won tons in batches (do not overcrowd) in the hot oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve with a sauce for dipping, such as plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce.