Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are like small egg rolls, with a tasty turkey filling. Serve with your favourite sauce for dipping. Yum!
- 1⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil, for deep fat frying
- Mix all the ingredients except the egg, won ton wrappers and the oil.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of the beaten egg.
- Preheat oil for deep fat frying.
- Put 1/2 tbsp of the turkey mixture into the center of each won ton wrapper.
- Brush half of the edge of each wrapper with a bit of the beaten egg and fold in half.
- Seal the edges by pressing firmly together.
- Deep-fry the won tons in batches (do not overcrowd) in the hot oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve with a sauce for dipping, such as plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce.