Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nice shrimp dim sum with a crunch. Try it with your favorite dipping sauce or my Japanese Spicy Mayo Sauce
- 20 jumbo shrimp, with tails (or tiger prawns, peeled and deveined)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 20 chives or 20 garlic chives
- Combine Shrimp,oil and garlic in a bowle. Toss, Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place the won ton wrappers on a work surface and cover with a damp kitchen towel ( I never do this but it must help lol).
- Working with one wrapper at a time, brush the edges of the wrapper with the beaten egg.
- Place a shrimp diagonally across the center.
- Fold the wrapper around the shrimp and secure with a chive, trimming off the excess.
- Continue until finished placing under damp towle if desired.
- Heat oil in large wok or other deep fryer until it reaches 375°F.
- Working in batches deep fry the shrimp until golden 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove with slotted metal utensil and drain on paper towles.
- Server hot with your favorite dipping sauce.