Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used to make traditional pepperoni pizza for my kids, but after they grew up and went on their way, I wanted a more 'grown up' pizza. This is it! It can be modified in many ways and still be yummy:)
- 1 whole wheat french bread, loaf
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini
- 4 links turkey breakfast sausage (cooked)
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Split bread loaf in half, then cut both halves lengthwise. Pull out center bread of each section to make four canoe-shaped "bread boats".
- Cut zucchini into 1/2" pieces, then saute in olive oil over medium heat until soft and slightly carmelized.
- Spread 1/8 cup (two tbs) of sauce on each bread boat, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Spread spinach leaves on top of sauce and cheese, then spoon cooked zucchini on top of spinach.
- Add cooked sausage on top of zucchini, then sprinkle on mozzerella cheese and top with black olives.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.