Veggie tacos are great because you still get the satisfying crunch (or, if you prefer soft tacos, that's fine too) without all the saturated fat in ground beef. You can have seconds without feeling guilty! Everyone wins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the onions, garlic and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften, about 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, combine the beans, salsa, and optional cilantro in a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Add the tomatoes and sauté them for about 2 more minutes.
- 6Stand the taco shells up in a large casserole dish.
- 7Fill each taco shell with bean mixture, then veggie mixture, then cheese.
- 8Place the tacos in the oven and heat until shells are hot and crispy and cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.
- 9Take tacos out of the oven. Add sour cream and additional salsa, if desired.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Vegetarian Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.5
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 891.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 20.1 g