Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Veggie tacos are great because you still get the satisfying crunch (or, if you prefer soft tacos, that's fine too) without all the saturated fat in ground beef. You can have seconds without feeling guilty! Everyone wins.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans refried black beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 12 taco shells
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the beans, salsa, and optional cilantro in a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté them for about 2 more minutes.
- Stand the taco shells up in a large casserole dish.
- Fill each taco shell with bean mixture, then veggie mixture, then cheese.
- Place the tacos in the oven and heat until shells are hot and crispy and cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Take tacos out of the oven. Add sour cream and additional salsa, if desired.