Recipe by English_Rose
Kids will love this pasta bake made with tuna, cream cheese, veggies and pasta.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this as per the recipe directions & I had A GREAT TASTING CASSEROLE! I did use fresh breadcrumbs made from a dense & nutty winterwheat bread that I always have on hand! As enjoyable as this was, another time I might just use one 7-oz can of white albacore & one 14.5-oz can of chicken breast ~ We like that combo! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can sweetcorn, drained
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 6 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 ounces breadcrumbs
- 3 -4 tablespoons bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the italian herbs and garlic granules and fry for a further minute.
- Add the tomato paste, tomatoes and sweetcorn and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese, tuna and pasta, heat through. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the breadcrumbs and Bacon Bits until crispy. Sprinkle over the tuna mixture.